Friday, August 11, 2006

I Wish I Knew This Before I Started My Clinical Years



-A positive attitude is necessary
Don’t think that your ((hard work)) will get u through it

-Don’t take any thing personally
If u have a heart attack in school or got depressed they will flunk you for missing sessions

-Tomorrow is NOT a better day
Tomorrow you'll go to the same place and face the same people and you'll have yesterday's problems and a new bunch of problems for today to deal with

-Einstein was right; the theory of relativity is working
The presence of matter curves space-time, and this curvature affects the path of free particles
Matter = some instructors
Space time = the 2 1/2 hour session
Free particles = students
In other words: the presence of some instructors in the session and their meticulous observations -u should go deeper by 1/2 mm into the gingival floor distolingually to open the margin and call me again, then just smoothen it a bit and call me again, apply dycal and call me again!!!!– curves and alters your estimation of the time ,u believe u r working while your session is lost wandering in the corridors looking for the instructor, the result is placing an IRM and a big fat zero as an evaluation ((check wikipedia for more information))

-It is all about you
help people but remember that u r there to graduate and when u need help very few people will stop to lend a hand, don't expect patients when u refer some

-Coffee and donuts are more important than u and ur patients
Did u just interrupt your instructor while he/she is having a cup of coffee to check a class IV ?!!!!!!!!

-The English language has no ((bad words))
Every bad word you'll hear in the clinic will be in Arabic…and in front of the patient. And u won't hear any compliments


-Avoidance vs. confrontations
Some instructors will like you and some will hate you. Minimize the damage by avoiding those who hate you when u can

-a positive attitude is NECESSARY

4 comments:

Bassem said...

loooooooooool yup yup that's very true!
Unfortunately, I could relate!

I think I got down the positive attidue thing so far :P

We live in a sad world!

SaudiDDS said...

i know some ppl studying or graduated from KAAU, and according to them..it is nothing like what we have here at KSU

we win ;)

eman said...

that was really funny

reminded me of collegue time,

by the way.. from all conventions and conferences i have attended, saudi lecturers are THE BEST in the gulf!

............

i have read your whole blog!
it's unusual for me to read a (whole) thing for some one, but i really liked the way u write and express your self

i would like to add your blog add to the list in my (blog) !

pls, do visit me some time !

SaudiDDS said...

thanks eman

yes,,we have some good lecturers.
i attended some conferences and seminars, and i'm sure they can compete with the best, in the gulf area and even from outside it

was nice to see another dentist in my clinic ,Oops!..i meant in my blog ;)

take care :)